Employee policies may include:
- Compliance with Core Values and Mission of organization
- Education or certifications needed for positions – See Appendices\Human Resources for job descriptions.
- Procedure documentation including orientation to position, training in new or changed procedures, and ongoing compliance – See Appendices\Standard Operating Procedures\Competencies and Competency
- Employee standards for attire, attendance, behavior, etc.
- Steps for leadership or career advancement
Pharmacists, and in some states technicians, are required to complete annual or bi-annual continuing education. Some states differentiate between certified and non-certified technicians.
An employee handbook serves as a record for the employee of applicable policies and documentation for the employer of employee education. Examples of employee handbooks may be found in Appendices\Standard Operating Procedures.