Policies, procedures, and processes covering prescriptions ensure uniformity, safety, and compliance with government and vendor regulations. Regular review of processes adjusts for changes in technology, efficiency, therapeutic guidelines, and best practices.
- Prescription processing: information needed for processing, system for waiting/returning/next day/provider call back
- Day supply and incentives for adherence
- Medication information resources for pharmacist and for patients
- Labeling: multiple languages, samples, eligibility, counselling or other alerts
- Dispensing: patient counseling, use of interpreter
- Return to stock: frequency, process for specific vendors
- Adverse Event and Quality Complaints Reporting