When possible, develop a metric to measure the impact of the marketing tool.
- Google tracking phone number or visitors to website
- Monthly metrics (number of Rx, new patients, patient encounters, etc.) prior to and after advertising
- Referral sources for new patients
- From a specific location or provider
- Where did you hear about pharmacy?
- Helps measure the effectiveness of marketing and partnerships with other stakeholders or partner safety-net organizations in community
- Allows monitoring if re-education needs to occur to a particular referral site (internal or external). See Results-Based Accountability“How Well did we do it?”